Human Dynamics® Program for Youth
Achieving Human Potential through Self-Knowledge: Cognitive, Emotional, and Social Development
Sign up for a free introduction to our new youth program and find out what it can do for you and your school or organization!
- Learn how the Human Dynamics® Program for Youth significantly transforms the lives of adolescents and young adults
- Discover how the program helps young people recognize and appreciate themselves and others
- Observe how youth develop a positive self and group identity
- See how the program facilitates well being, collaboration and teamwork
One of the most crucial and valuable skills youth can acquire is self-knowledge. The purpose of the Human Dynamics® Program for Youth is to transform the lives of at-risk youth and young adults by promoting their understanding and appreciation of themselves and others, together with tools and practices for their continuing cognitive, emotional and social development that will help them succeed in school, the workplace, and in their family and personal relationships.
The Human Dynamics® Program for Youth was developed and implemented over a five year period at a public high school serving at-risk youth who had not been successful in the conventional high schools. Most of the students at the school experience a life with one or more of the following influences that are recognized as factors that contribute to them being defined as at-risk:
• Gang Influence
• Drug Abuse
• Confusion about Cultural Identity
• Lack of Parental Guidance
• Domestic Violence
• Sexual Abuse
What is Unique about the Human Dynamics Program for Youth?
The newly created Human Dynamics® Program for Youth is unique in that it is the first Human Dynamics program to address the crucial stage in life’s journey of adolescence and in particular the issues faced by at-risk youth. It is also unique in its field in that it focuses on the personal development of the youth themselves through a profound process of self-discovery.
How Does the Program Work?
The program has two concurrent components:
1) a series of thirty, 90 minute weekly group sessions,
2) weekly or bi-weekly individual counseling sessions.
What do the Group Sessions Consist of?
In the group sessions the students engage in an exploratory process of self-discovery and understanding of others in which they:
- Learn to observe others through fun activities and films that teach them to become conscious of differences in the ways group members communicate and interact
- Identify their own personality dynamic and explore how they individually respond to the world around them
- Participate in enjoyable warm-ups, team building experiences, art projects, journaling and other interactive exercises designed to cultivate awareness, understanding and appreciation of the contribution of the various personality dynamics in the group
- Acquire an understanding of the ways that different personality dynamics learn and gain insight into what they need to succeed in school
- Share with one another their aspirations for their own lives in the light of what they have learned in the program
- Engage in mindfulness practices and experience self-development processes for their ongoing mental-emotional-physical development nuanced to the different personality dynamic needs
How do the counseling sessions work?
In the counseling sessions, the facilitators use their understanding of Human Dynamics and of the specific personality dynamic of each student to:
- Create a positive and trusting relationship
- Help them further understand and appreciate the processes and capacities related to their individual personality dynamic
- Help them apply what they have learned and experienced in the group sessions to the particular circumstances, challenges and relationships in their individual lives
- Form aspirations for their own lives in terms of work, contribution to society and personal relationships, and planned steps (including educationally to achieve them)
How do People become Trained to Conduct the Program?
Those who are interested in becoming facilitators of The Human Dynamics® Program for Youth should have a passion for working with youth as well as experience in a teaching, clinical, or counseling capacity. The Youth Facilitator Training Program will enable participants to:
- Successfully conduct a series of 30, ninety minute group sessions, following the instructions for each session provided in the Instructor’s Manual
- Apply their new knowledge of Human Dynamics and understanding of the different personality dynamics to impact the students’ in their one-one-one counseling sessions most beneficially
The Human Dynamics® Program for Youth Facilitator Training
Module 1 consists of a two-day immersion in the basic Human Dynamics® Program for Personal, Interpersonal and Team Development. In this module the participants:
- Become acquainted with the Human Dynamics body of knowledge
- Identify their own personality dynamic and learn to recognize the personality dynamics of others through observing the interactions of group members
- Gain an understanding of the differences in how people innately take in their experiences, learn, plan and perform tasks, communicate and relate, respond to stress, maintain health and develop across the life span, that are associated with the different personality dynamics
- Practice communicating with other group members of the different personality dynamics
- Reflect on how this new knowledge profoundly illuminates their own past and present life experiences and relationships
Module 2 consists of 4 days entirely focused on the youth program and meeting the needs of at-risk youth and young adults. The training provides opportunities for practicing conducting:
- The group sessions, using the Instructor’s Manual as a guide for conducting each lesson and the activities provided
- Counseling sessions using their new understanding of the personality dynamic distinctions to provide the maximum benefit for each student
Both modules 1 and 2 are designed to be dynamic learning experiences involving individual and group exercises and much live and film demonstration. In module 2 opportunities are provided to practice key elements of the program.
Module 3 provides the newly trained facilitators of the program with monthly online support and coaching for a period of 6 months as they subsequently engage in facilitating the Human Dynamics Program for Youth. The purpose of the online support and coaching is to provide facilitators with an opportunity to:
- Talk over issues and questions
- Receive group coaching
- Participate in a learning environment where facilitators can share their successes and any issues they might have with the Human Dynamics Trainer
Bring the Human Dynamics® Program for Youth to your school or organization.
Learn how to become a Human Dynamics® Program for Youth Facilitator.