Sign up for a free introduction to our Managing Healthcare Program and learn what it can do for you and your healthcare organization!
- Greatly expand your ability to communicate effectively with staff, patients, and family members
- Gain tools to significantly maximize your employees' productivity and fulfillment on the job
- Acquire a foundation for building harmonious staff relationships
- Recognize each patient's requirements for better health and wellness
- Learn how to improve the connection with patients at the point of care (each personality dynamic has specific requirements for wellness)
Healthcare professionals can all benefit from training in Human Dynamics, and utilizing their new understanding to adapt their approaches to meet the needs of management, staff, patients and their families, to achieve greater productivity, cooperation and teamwork.
The insights of Human Dynamics apply to healthcare organizations as they do to optimizing the way any organization functions (see description of our program under Organizational Development). The Basic Human Dynamics® Program for Personal, Interpersonal and Team Development has been used for this purpose and is customized for healthcare.
For many years Human Dynamics has been used by a variety of healthcare organizations in the United States, including Kaiser Permanente Medical Centers, where a significant number of staff members at all levels of the organization were trained. A major outcomeof exposure in healthcare to the Human Dynamics organizational development training, beyond the customary improvements in communication, collaboration and productivity among the staff members, has been notable improvement in communication between staff and patients and patients’ families at points of care.
What is the Human Dynamics® Program for Managing Healthcare?
The program is a 6-day (48 hour) program that can be facilitated in 4, 6, or 8 hour segments based on your scheduling and time requirements.
- In the first module of the training your team will participate in: The Human Dynamics® Program for Personal, Interpersonal and Team Development
- The second module of the program consists of a 16 hour Human Dynamics course that is designed to provide essential tools regarding how to address the particular needs for maintaining well-being of the different personality dynamics. In this module the participants will gain skills that will help them:
- Provide the kind of information and questions that are best suited for each of the different personality dynamics
- Communicate more effectively with staff, patients and family
- Evaluate and successfully manage challenging patients
- Recognize each patient’s requirements for improved health and wellness
The importance of the second module is crucial in relation-based care. When healthcare professionals are not trained to understand how to approach and relate with the different personality dynamics of patients, it may lead to:
- Additional stress
- Physical and/or emotional reactions or illness
- Misunderstandings in communication
- Lack of trust in the care-provider
- Disruptive behavior
In the healthcare field, Kaiser Permanente Medical Centers in Northern California conducted monthly four-day and two-day Human Dynamics training programs for many years. These programs, open to all departments of the organization proved to be so effective and popular that there were months-long waiting lists for prospective participants. The training resulted not only in greater ease of collaboration and more qualitative teamwork within and among the different departments of the organization – a crucial outcome in the context of a medical center – but dramatic improvement also in direct patient care. Physicians, nurses and counselors were able to relate more effectively and supportively with their patients and their families through understanding their different communication needs.
Similar work has also taken place for many years at Centegra Health System in Illinois, contributing to Centegra’s selection for a major national award in recognition of both the outstanding degree of staff satisfaction in the workplace, and the quality of their patient care.